About Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility (H-AICF)
Harakat-AICP is a multi-donor funded programme. The lead donor is the UK. Harakat is an Afghan-managed non-profit organisation operating as a grant-management facility. It has inherited a seven- year legacy from its predecessor (Harakat-AICF) of delivering projects aimed at improving barriers to private sector investments in the country. This was achieved through its partnerships with the Government of Afghanistan, private sector, civil society and NGOs. By facilitating a healthy and competitive investment climate as part of its vision, Harakat-AICF sector-specific interventions have supported direct job creation, revenue generation, laws and regulations, and other programs contributing to the private sector’s ease of doing business in Afghanistan.
Harakat-AICP has identified a program management approach to achieving the objectives of fostering an enabling environment for private sector investments in the country by concentrating on four programme pillars: (1) Public Private Partnerships; (2) Legal and Regulatory Reform; (3) Investor Protection; (4) Women’s Economic Empowerment.
Through the design of these specific areas of intervention for these programme pillars and linking them to measurable outcomes and indicators, Harakat-AICP aims to impact the country’s business enabling environment by attracting viable foreign direct investments and domestic investments, increasing the confidence of the private sector at large, creating employment opportunities, and generating revenue. By the time Harakat-AICP completes its mandate in 2023, it expects to have contributed to significant economic transformation of Afghanistan’s economic growth terrain
Harakat-AICP shall serve as a trusted partner to the Government of Afghanistan, the Private Sector and Civil Society by supporting and promoting the private sector development and business economic reform agenda of the country through sustainable and measurable impact.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Communication Manager will be responsible for supporting the Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager (SECM) and promoting AICP business objectives by providing communications advice, service and support. The position will assist the SECM develop and implement external and internal communication strategies that enhance the work and deliverables of the AICP. The Communications Assistant will actively build and maintain and relationships with clients, media, staff and stakeholders for the benefit of the AICP.
|Date Posted:||09 Feb 2017||Reference:||005-2017|
|Closing Date:||08 Mar 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the SECM, the key responsibilities and accountabilities of the Communication Assistant are to assist the SECM to:
• Develop, maintain, update and implement the communications strategy for AICP with the aim of building the organisations’ profile and understanding of its role and deliverables with clients and stakeholders.
• Ensure an integrated approach to all communication activities across all AICP functions.
• Ensure an integrated approach to building and enhancing the work of the AICP and identify opportunities to increase stakeholder understanding and commitment to AICP and ensure representation by AICP at relevant meetings, launches, conferences and workshops.
• Disseminate information and profile the AICP.
• Develop and maintain systems and policies that ensure consistent, high quality internal and external communication processes, tools and products.
• Research, develop and maintain communication content and tools for AICP, including:
• Promotional materials including advocacy and engagement tools, media kits, investor relation information kits.
• Online photography library
• Project Description Sheets
• Other related items.
• Manage AICP’s interface with the media, including media/public relations, including press office management and media monitoring.
• Conduct public information and media campaigns for AICP.
• Actively advocate and generate support for AICP and AICP's specific programmes across all widely used social media.
• Develop specific tools and reports for gauging the perception of AICP's major stakeholder groups.
• Any other responsibilities as may be reasonably required by the SECM.
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Highly developed research skills and an understanding of evaluation and measurement approaches.
• Demonstrated ability to write for a range of purposes including publications, web and business reports.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills.
• Ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.
• Ability to allocate and review priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Ability to effectively communicate at senior levels in Afghan Government and private sector.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field from a recognised University.
• Demonstrated experience in marketing, communications and public affairs.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing internal and external communication strategies that support business and programme objectives.
• Demonstrated experience in researching, writing and production of multimedia publications, promotion and marketing materials.
• Active user of social media tools in previous positions.
• Prior experience of working within an NGO facility preferred.
• Experience in working in cross-functional teams would be highly regarded.
• Demonstrated understanding of cultural issues and suitability of content and tools in developing countries.
• Ability to facilitate and engage with people of different nationalities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the international development sector.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Applicants must submit a complete application that includes a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for four professional references. All submissions must be made via email only to the below email and please write the reference 005-2017 in the subject line of you email.
Credential review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Harakat-AICP reserves the right to screen and interview suitable candidates any time during this period. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Harakat-AICP prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis.
Women are strongly urged to apply.