About Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility (H-AICF)
Harakat-AICP is an Afghan managed, multi-donor funded non-profit organisation. The lead donor is the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
Harakat-AICP has identified a program management approach to achieving the objective of fostering an enabling environment for private sector investment by concentrating on four program pillars: (1) Public Private Partnerships; (2) Legal and Regulatory Reform; (3) Investor Facilitation; (4) Women’s Economic Inclusion.
Harakat-Afghanistan Investment Climate Program (Harakat-AICP) is seeking an international procurement expert to support its procurement unit.
This is an excellent opportunity to serve and contribute to Afghanistan’s business environment reform and private sector development agenda and support an organization with a focused mandate on creating an enabling environment that will allow for private sector growth and strengthening within the country and attract long-term, viable and sustainable investment.
|Date Posted:||09 Feb 2017||Reference:||12-2017|
|Closing Date:||28 Feb 2017||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 60 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of work:
The Consultant will support Harakat-AICP’s procurement function in implementing its program pillars.
1. Review the existing procurement policy and ensure it meets international standards for procuring high value technical assistance service contracts.
2. Prepare procurement documentation and selection and evaluation procedures (including but not limited to bidding documents, request for proposals and other documents required).
3. Support the selection process, including pre-bid or pre-proposal meetings, clarifications and bid opening.
4. Provide sample documentation/Standard Format used for procurement of technical assistance.
5. Prepare procurement notices for publication.
6. Participate in the Evaluation Committee in the terms described in Harakat’s Procurement Manual.
7. Provide administrative and procedural support in evaluation of technical and financial evaluation of bids and the preparation of Bid Evaluation Reports
8. Prepare contracts in full conformity with the formats approved for the project;
9. Contact negotiations and signing;
10. General contract administration and monitoring;
11. Verification of payment documents under contracts or the supply of goods, works and services; and
12. Contract closure procedures and final reporting
TERMS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
1. The Consultant shall be engaged only during the periods when procurement is taking place
2. Remuneration will be paid on a monthly basis, based on a daily rate.
1. University/higher education in economics, law, engineering or related fields;
2. 7-10 years experience in procurement and contract management with donor funded projects;
3. Has competency and experience with World Bank, DFID or EU procurement guidelines, specifically in high value development project financing;
4. Excellent knowledge of procurement processes and software applications
5. Excellent oral and written skills in English
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
Applicants must submit a complete application that includes a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for four professional references. All submissions must be made via email only to the below email and please write the reference 12-2017 in the subject line of your email.
Credential review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Harakat-AICP reserves the right to screen and interview suitable candidates any time during this period. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Harakat-AICP prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis.
Women are strongly urged to apply.